For 4 people you need
4 oz. rice
1 oz. flour
1 oz. butter
1/2 pint chicken stock
1/4 pint milk
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons cream
cooked breasts of 2 young chickens
OR 1 big fowl divided into 4 joints
squeeze lemon juice
4-6 oz. mushrooms
1-2 oz. butter.
- Cook the rice: Method 1: put rice with just over 1/4 pint water into pan with 1/2 teaspoon salt,
bring to boil, stir, cover tightly, lower heat, allow 15 minutes. No straining necessary
- . Method 2: put rice into 2 pints boiling water, with good teaspoon salt, cook for 18-20 minutes, strain, rinse in cold water and reheat, or rinse in boiling water.
- Make the sauce with the flour, butter chicken stock and milk, then add the egg yolks beaten with the cream.
- Put in the chicken breasts, heat for about 10 minutes without boiling, then add squeeze of lemon juice.
- Fry the mushrooms in the butter