For four people you need
4 chicken joints
1/2 oz. flour
8 oz. onions
2 oz. butter OR 2 tablespoons oil
1-1 1/2 level tablespoons paprika pepper.
1/4 pint tomato juice
1 level teaspoon sugar
approximately 1 level teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
1/2 pint stock*
1 bottle yoghourt OR 1/4 pint sour cream
* or water and chicken stock cube
4 oz. self-raising flour
seasoning, pinch mustard
1 1/2-2 oz. suet OR margarine
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Skin chicken joints and coat thoroughly with seasoned flour.
- Fry chopped onions in butter or oil very gently till soft but not brown
Move to one side of pan
- .Add chicken and fry until golden -5-7 minutes.
- Combine paprika, tomato juice, sugar and salt and pour over chicken. Add bay leaf and stock Cover pan, simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter or dish.
- Stir yoghourt or sour cream into sauce and reheat, without boiling, for 2-3 minutes
. Pour over chicken.