For 4 people you need
1 frying chicken
3 tablespoons crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs
oil for shallow or deep frying
1 small onion
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 oz. cornflour
1/2 pint chicken stock
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
juice 1 large orange
1 level teaspoon soft brown sugar
2 oz. black grapes.
- Joint the chicken; remove the skin if possible.
- Coat in egg and crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown
- Remove to a hot dish and if keeping hot in a low oven do NOT cover, otherwise chicken will become soft instead of crisp.
- For sauce: Fry the finely chopped onion in the oil, add the cornflour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock, orange rind and juice and brown sugar, bring to the boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring well, then add the halved and de-seeded grapes, heat for 1 minute only