For 4 people you need
4 tablespoons oil
1 clove garlic
4 chicken joints
1/2 oz. flour
2 tart eating apples
1 small can pineapple pieces or chunks
few black and green grapes
few slices stem ginger
For the sauce
2 level teaspoons cornflour
1 dessertspoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar or honey
1/4 pint chicken stock
1/4 pint pineapple syrup
- Heat oil, add crushed garlic.
- Coat chicken with seasoned flour and fry until browned on all sides. If preferred, chicken can be cut into neat cubes before cooking.
- Lower heat; add cored, sliced apples, pineapple pieces, grapes and ginger.
- Continue cooking over a gentle heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- For the sauce, blend ingredients together, put into pan
stirring gently and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- TO SERVE: Hot with boiled rice.