For 4-6 people you need
1 large can apricots
1/2 packet sage and onion stuffing
3 lb. chicken
1-2 oz. butter
6-8 apricots from can
- Drain juice from apricots.
- Put half juice from can of apricots into pan and heat.
- Chop all apricots except 6-8 for garnish,
add to the packet of sage and onion stuffing,
with hot juice to bind.
- Stuff the bird, spread butter over the breast and wrap in foil.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Open foil for bird to brown.
- Add rest of the apricots and juice to roasting tin and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
Oven temperature: hot, 425-450°F-Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position : towards top of oven