For 10-12 people you need
10-12 lb. turkey,
fat or butter
stuffing of your choice
8-12 oz. cranberries
1/4 pint water;
2-3 oz. sugar
1/2-1 oz. butter
green and red peppers
- Weigh turkey after stuffing as cooking time depends on total weight.
- Spread with fat or butter, specially on breast – grease foil well.
- Allow 15 minutes cooking time per lb and 15 minutes over, up to 12 lb. After this weight add extra 12 minute; cooking time for each additional lb.
- After 45 minutes reduce the heat to moderately hot, 400°F – Gas Mark 5-6.
- Cranberry sauce: Simmer fruit with water and sugar until tender, mash or sieve and add the butter. Add little port wine or extra sugar and water for less ‘biting’ sauce
- Halve rashers, roll, put on skewers, put in roasting tin with sausages towards end of the cooking time.
Oven temperature: hot, 425-450°F-Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position: centre