For 4-5 people you need
1 1/4 lb. chuck steak
1 oz. fat
1 large onion
1 -2 level tablespoons curry powder
1 level tablespoon paprika pepper
2 oz. walnuts
2 oz. blanched almonds
1 oz. flour
3/4 pint stock seasoning
2 oz. desiccated coconut 2 oz. sultanas
1 level tablespoon red-currant jelly
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the meat into neat dice.
- Melt the fat and fry the meat and chopped onion until beginning to brown.
- Add the curry powder, paprika, chopped walnuts and almonds and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, cook gently for several minutes.
- Gradually blend in stock, bring to boil and cook until thickened.
- Season and add the coconut, sultanas redcurrant jelly and lemon juice.
- Transfer to casserole, cover and cook in the oven.
Oven temperature: very moderate, 350°F. —Gas Mark 3-4
Oven position: centre