For 4 People you need
For the sauce
1 oz. butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 oz. mushrooms
6-8 oz. minced raw beef
1 small can concentrated tomato puree OR tomatoes
1/2 pint good stock if using canned tomatoes, slightly
more for tomato puree
1/4 pint red wine
8 oz. spaghetti
- Cook sauce first as it takes longer than the spaghetti.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and fry finely chopped mushrooms, shredded onion and shredded carrot.
- Stir in the meat, simmer gently, then add rest of ingredients.
- Continue to cook until thickened and a rich flavour, stirring from time to time.
- Put spaghetti on to cook in boiling salted water for about 15 mins
To Serve: Arrange spaghetti on hot dish top with sauce
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.