For 4-a people you need
1 1/4-1 1/2 lb. fillet of beef
2 small onions
3 oz. butter
3-4 oz. mushrooms
1/4 pint smetana (sour cream)*
1 dessertspoon flour
little extra smetana
- Cut the meat into thin strips 2 inches long and season.
- Fry the chopped onion in hot butter until golden coloured.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the onions and add the meat and fry for 5 minutes.
- Blend the smetana with the flour and mustard and pour into the pan.
- Stir well, cover the pan, simmer gently for 10 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add more smetana before serving.
TO SERVE: With rice or creamed potatoes and a green salad.