For 4-6 people you need
Approx. 2-2 1/2 lb. loin or best end neck of lamb
1 oz. fat
small can pineapple rings
2-4 teaspoons brown sugar
juice 1/2 lemon
6 oz. wagon wheel pasta
3 pints water
1-2 oz. butter
- Put meat into tin, roast for 20 mins. per lb. and 20 mins. over, brushing lightly with melted fat.
- 30 minutes before end of cooking time remove joint from oven, make 6 slits in fat and skin.
- Cut 3 rings pineapple into halves, press each into slit, brushing with melted fat.
- Return to oven for rest of cooking time.
- Lift meat on to hot dish, pour off all fat but 1 tablespoon.
- Chop rest of pineapple, add to fat with pineapple syrup, sugar, lemon juice, and heat until reduced slightly.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, strain, toss in butter.
TO SERVE: Arrange pasta round meat and serve pineapple sauce in sauce-boat-
have green vegetable, no potatoes needed.
Oven temperature: hot, 425-450°F.-Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position : above centre