For 6-14 people (depending on size of chops) you
1 or 2 joints of loin approximately 12-14 chops
1 oz. butter or fat
Prune and apricot stuffing
1 oz. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 oz. boiled rice
4 oz. prunes, chopped and stoned
1 oz. ground almonds
3-4 whole apricots, fresh or canned
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
grated rind 1 lemon
juice 1 lemon
- Ask the butcher to cut and tie meat into round (Crown roast), brush with melted butter or fat and season.
- Melt butter and cook chopped onion until transparent.
- Add rice and prunes and cook together for a few minutes.
- Mix in ground almonds, sliced apricots, parsley, lemon rind and juice.
- Bind with egg and season.
- Place stuffing in centre of crown roast.
- Wrap piece of kitchen foil around each bone to protect it while cooking.
Roast for 25 minutes to the lb. and 25 minutes over, counting the stuffed weight of the crown.
Oven temperature: 375°-400° F.-Gas Mark 5-6
Oven position: centre