Published on : 19 April 20181 min reading time
For 4 people you need
4 large or 8 small lamb cutlets
3 tablespoons crisp bread-crumbs
For the dip
1 medium onion
1 tiny apple
1 oz. butter or margarine
small can or tube tomato puree
1 level teaspoon cornflour
1/2 pint water
pinch garlic salt
Fat for frying
- Coat the cutlets with beaten egg and crumbs.
- Grate or chop the peeled onion and apple very finely.
- Fry in the hot butter for several minutes then add the tomato puree and cornflour blended with the water.
- Bring the mixture to boil and cook steadily, stirring well, until mixture comes to boil and thickens slightly.
- Add rest of the ingredients, lower the heat and continue cooking until a thick dip.
- Fry the cutlets in hot fat until crisp and golden brown, drain on absorbent kitchen paper or tissue paper.
TO SERVE: For a barbecue-arrange the hot chops in a napkin-lined dish
and have the dip separately, garnish with parsley.
TO VARY: Mix finely grated cheese with the crumbs