For 4-6 portions you need
6 oz. plain flour
pinch of salt
4 oz. butter
2 oz. castor sugar
1 egg yolk
8 oz. raspberries
8 oz. strawberries
4 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
1 tablespoon water
- Sieve flour and salt together.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and bind mixture together with egg yolk.
- Roll out on a baking sheet to a 9-inch round, decorate edges and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for time and temperature give until pale golden at the edges.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Carefully lift off on to wire cooling tray to become quite cold.
- Put biscuit cake on to a serving plate, top with raspberries and halved strawberries.
- To prepare glaze, blend together redcurrant jelly and water. Melt over a gentle heat and then spoon over the fruit.
Oven temperature : 350°F.-Gas Mark 3-4
Oven position: just above centre