For 4 people you need
4 chump chops lamb
1 small onion
1 oz. butter
2 lamb’s kidneys
2 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 oz. fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon sherry
1 dessertspoon chopped parsley
2 teaspoons oil or melted fat
2 oz. button mushrooms
2 small tomatoes
triangles of bread
little oil or fat
- Trim chops and using a sharp knife, cut horizontally through the fat and meat to make a small pocket for stuffing.
- For the stuffing : fry the finely chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the chopped kidneys and mushrooms, continue cooking gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
- Press a spoonful of this mixture into the pocket of the chops.
- Brush with oil and grill under medium heat for 8-1 0 minutes on each side, turning carefully once, until cooked.
- Fry mushrooms, halved tomatoes and triangles of bread.