For 3 people you need
3 firm pears
juice 1 lemon
For the filling
chopped ginger with syrup marmalade
raisins and blanched almonds
For the apricot glaze
4 tablespoons apricot jam
2 tablespoons water
- Peel, halve and core pears, soak with lemon juice, place in baking dish with 1 -inch of water.
- Spoon fillings in scooped out side of pear, cover with buttered greaseproof paper or foil.
- Bake in moderate oven tor 20 mins, or until pears are tender.
- Drain and place on serving dish.
- Brush with apricot glaze, serve decorated with maraschino cherries and sprigs of mint.
- To make apricot glaze, boil ingredients together for 3 minutes and sieve.
Oven temperature: moderate, 375°F., Gas Mark 4
Oven position: centre