For the fritter batter
4oz. flour Pinch salt
1/4 pint milk
2 tablespoons water
1 medium can pineapple rings
Approx. 1/2 oz. flour
lard for frying
little castor sugar
- Sieve the flour and salt into a basin,
add the egg, beat well,
then gradually beat in the milk and the water
to give a thick coating consistency.
- Strain the pineapple rings and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat the lard until a cube of bread turns golden brown within a minute.
- Dip the pineapple rings into the batter and fry in the hot lard until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on crumpled tissue paper.
- Dust with castor sugar before serving.