For 6-8 portions
Short crust pastry
6 oz flour,
3 oz margarine,
1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
For the filling
1/2 pint thick sweetened custard
packet Dream Topping
6 tablespoons milk
8-12 oz. raspberries
- Sieve flour and salt, rub in fat until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Add water to make a firm dough.
- Roll out pastry to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
To have a good ‘fit’ in a patty tin use a pastry cutter a little larger than the top of the tin
cut out the required number of rounds.
- Put into the tins, and press down firmly then prick the base to prevent this rising – bake ‘blind’
i.e. without a filling – until firm and golden brown.
- Lift out of tins and allow to cool.
- Put the cold custard in the bottom of each patty case, then top with the dream topping, whisked until thick with the milk and the raspberries.
Oven temperature: 425-450F Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position : above centre