For 4-6 portions you need
8 oz. flour, self-raising or plain
2 oz. margarine
2 oz. lard
2 tablespoons cold water
For the filling
can of blackberry pie filling
Fruit pie filling is thickened to keep pastry crisp, but if using fresh fruit sprinkle pastry with little flour and sugar before putting on fruit.
- Sieve flour and salt, rub in fat until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add water to make a firm dough.
- Roll out on floured board, line plate, trim and decorate edges,
- Prick base with fork
- Spread the pie filling over the pastry.
- Re-roll pastry trimmings, cut narrow strips, twist over filling, damping ends so they stick in position.
- Bake for time and temperature given; lower heat after 20 minutes if necessary.
Oven temperature: 400-425°F. —Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position: centre