For 6 portions you need
6 oz. plain flour
4 oz. margarine
3 oz. ground almonds
3 oz. castor sugar
1 yolk of egg to bind
1 medium punnet raspberries
1/4 pint double cream
sugar to taste
- Sieve flour into the mixing bowl.
- Rub in margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in ground almonds and sugar.
- Add yolk of egg. mix together lightly but firmly.
- Turn on to lightly-floured board and roll out fairly thinly.
- Cut in three 6-inch rounds and place on well greased baking sheet.
- Bake for time and temperature given.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Place twelve of the best raspberries on one side for decoration.
- Lightly crush remainder in a bowl.
- Whisk the cream until stiff.
- Mix most of cream with crushed raspberries, sweeten.
- Sandwich the layers with raspberry cream, pipe or spoon the remainder of cream on top.
decorate with raspberries.
Oven temperature 325-350°F- Gas Mark 3-4
Oven position: centre