For 6-8 portions you need
4 oz. quick creaming fat
4 oz. castor sugar
4 oz. self-raising flour plus 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon milk
1/4-1/2 pint whipped cream
2 oz. flaked almonds
canned OR fresh fruit
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat together until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Turn into tin or dish.
- Bake for time and temperature given.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Spread cream around the edge and press flaked almonds against sides.
- Decorate top with fresh cream and fruit
Oven temperature: moderate.- 375°F – Gas Mark 4-5
Oven position: centre