For 8 portions you need
3 large eggs
3-4 oz. castor sugar
3 oz. flour (plain or self-raising)
1 tablespoon hot water
4-6 tablespoons warm strawberry jam or
defrosted or well drained canned strawberries
1 packet dream topping
6-7 tablespoons milk
1-2 tablespoons jam
or few well drained strawberries
- Put the eggs and sugar into a large mixing bowl, and whisk until the mixture is thick and creamy (you see the trail of the whisk) – if done over hot water, continue beating until the mixture cools again.
- Sieve the flour at least once.
- Fold gently into the egg mixture with a metal spoon. Lastly, fold in the water.
- Pour into the lined, greased tin.
- Bake for time and temperature given.
- Test before removing from oven-press with finger, if no impression remains, the cake is cooked.
- Turn on to sugared paper, spread with jam or strawberries, roll firmly.
- Prepare coating: Whisk dream topping into cold milk until fluffy and thick, spread over the cold Swiss roll.
- Decorate with jam or strawberries.
Oven temperature: 400-425°F – Gas Mark 6-7
Oven position : near top