For 6-8 people you need
For the crust
8 oz. macaroons
3 oz. butter
For the filling
2 oz. castor sugar
8 oz. cottage cheese
5 oz. dairy sour cream*
1 oz. flour.
2 oz. currants
2 oz. chopped candied peel
angelica crystallised fruits
* or 1/4 pint thick cream plus 2 tablespoon extra lemon juice
- Remove the rice paper from the macaroons and roll into fine crumbs (or put into a liquidiser),
add the melted butter,
- Pat into the base and round the sides of the flan ring or dish and bake for 10 minutes in a
- Meanwhile beat the eggs and sugar until thick with the finely grated lemon rind.
- Fold in the sieved cottage cheese, sour cream or lightly whipped cream, the lemon juice,
flour, currants and peel.
- Spoon into the flan case and bake for about 50 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool then remove the flan ring (if using this).
- Decorate with leaves of angelica and the fruits.
Oven temperature: moderate – 325-350°F. -Gas Mark 3-4
Oven position: centre