Published on : 20 April 20181 min reading time
For 4 people you need
For the pancake batter
4 oz. plain flour pinch salt
1/2 pint milk or milk and water
oil or fat for frying
For the filling
4 apples – type that keep firm when cooked,
such as Granny Smith, or a dessert
apple that also cooks, like a Golden Delicious
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 pint water
2 oz. sugar
few glace cherries.
- Sieve flour and salt into basin, add the egg, and gradually beat in the milk or milk and water until a smooth thin batter.
- Stand on one side while preparing filling.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Make a syrup with the lemon juice, water and sugar, poach apples until just tender but unbroken.
- Heat enough oil or fat to give a very thin layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer batter to jug or pour from a spoon so that only a very little is put into the pan at one time.
- Fry quickly until golden brown on the bottom, toss or turn, brown second side.
- Cook all pancakes.