For 4-6 people you need
5 oz. self-raising flour (or plain flour with 1 1/4
level teaspoons baking powder)
1/2-1 oz. cocoa
3-oz. margarine or cooking fat
3 oz. sugar
milk to mix
For the topping
canned apricot pie filling
- Sieve flour or flour and baking powder and cocoa into a basin.
- Rub in the margarine or fat until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs add sugar.
- Bind with an egg, then enough milk to give a sticky consistency.
- Put some of the pie filling into a greased basin, cover with chocolat mixture, allow enough room for the pudding to rise well.
- Cover with greased foil or greaseproof paper.
- Steam over boiling water for 1 1/2 hours.