For 4-6 people you need
4 medium sized leeks
2 oz. butter or margarine
3 small potatoes 1/4 pint water
1 pint chicken stock or
water and chicken stock cube
1 level teaspoon salt
1/4 pint thick cream
chopped chives OR spring onion tops
- Use white part of leeks only, wash well and chop.
- Melt butter in pan and cook leeks slowly for 10-15 minutes, without letting them brown.
- Peel potatoes and cut in cubes.
- Add to leeks with the water and stock.
- Season, cover pan and simmer for 25 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Rub mixture through a sieve, return to pan, add the cream and heat, but do not boil.