For 6-8 people you need
12 oz. smoked haddock
2 oz. butter
7 1/2 oz. double cream (12 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 oz. melted butter
- Wipe fish, poach in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain fish, skin and flake.
- Mash fish and pass through sieve then blend with the butter or use the liquidiser (blender of the mixer) to make puree of fish and butter.
- Whip cream until almost thick, fold in fish and season well, tasting
as you go, add lemon juice and sauce.
- Pour into dish or individual serving dishes and allow to set.
- Cover top of pate with melted butter and leave to set.
TO SERVE: With hot toast and butter. Garnish with parsley and lemon.