For 10-12 people you need
2 lb. raw pork
2 cloves garlic
2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 small eggs
4 oz. stoned prunes
4 oz. cooked ham
4 oz. Gouda cheese
6 oz. Gouda cheese
4 whole stoned prunes
- Put the pork, onion and garlic through a mincer, mince or chop the parsley.
- Mix meat, onion, garlic and parsley.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Beat eggs and stir into mixture.
- Line tin with half mixture.
- Fill centre with stuffing of chopped prunes, ham and diced cheese.
- Cover with remaining meat.
- Lay greased foil on top and bake for time and temperature given,
standing the tin of pate in a dish of cold water.
- Turn out on to hot ovenproof dish, top with sliced cheese
and whole stoned prunes and place under grill,
or in a very hot oven till cheese melts and colours.
Oven temperature: very moderate, 325-350°F -Gas Mark 3.
Oven position: centre