For 6-8 people you need
4 oz. white marshmallows
1/4 pint milk
1 oz. sieved icing sugar
nearly 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 pint thick cream
- Halve 3 oz. of the marshmallows and put into the saucepan with the milk.
- Heat gently until the marshmallows are nearly melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool; the marshmallows will continue melting for a few minutes in the pan
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and essence until thick and fluffy.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Gradually blend with the whisked egg mixture and the melted marshmallows.
- Chop the remaining 1 oz. marshmallows very finely and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into the freezing tray and freeze until firm.
TO SERVE: With wafer biscuits
. This is delicious with a mocha sauce made by heating 6 oz. plain chocolate with
1/4 pint weak coffee then allowing to cool