For 4 people you need
1 lb. leeks
1 lb. potatoes
1 oz. butter
1 pint stock OR water
1 pint milk
3-4 tablespoons cream OR top of the milk
few leek slices
- Clean leeks very thoroughly and slice ;
- peel and slice the potatoes.
- Fry vegetables in the heated butter
over a low heat for about 10 minutes
with the lid on the pan, shaking
it occasionally to prevent vegetables
- Add the stock, bring to the boil,
- season to taste.
- Simmer gently for approximately
- Keep back a few slices of leek for
- Sieve soup and return to pan with
- Add cream or top of milk.