For 4 people you need
approx. 1 lb. prepared fruit
sugar to taste
little water with firm fruit
For the crumble
2 oz. margarine or butter
4 oz. flour, plain or self-raising
3-4 oz. sugar
- Prepare the fruit, slicing apples, dicing rhubarb, halving and stoning plums and washing soft fruits.
- With firm fruits, simmer until nearly tender with sugar to taste and a little water-the mixture must be fairly firm. With soft fruits, there is no need to pre-cook or soften.
- Put the fruit into the dish.
- Rub margarine or butter into flour, add sugar, sprinkle over the top of the fruit, press down firmly.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown.
Oven temperature. moderate 350-375°F.. Gas Mark 4-5
Oven position : centre or just above centre