For 4 people you need
approximately 3 slices bread and butter
2-3 oz. dried fruit
1-1 1/2 oz. sugar
1 pint milk.
- Cut bread and butter into triangles.
- Put into pie dish, add dried fruit.
- Beat eggs with sugar, pour on warm milk,
then strain over bread and butter.
- Bake until just firm and set.
- Move the pudding towards top of oven
before serving to encourage the bread
and butter to brown and crisp slightly.
If baking in a fairly deep dish it will take longer.
TO SERVE: Hot
Oven temperature: very moderate – 325-350°F.,
Gas Mark 3 Oven position: centre