For 4-5 people you need
1 pint milk
2 oz. semolina
1 oz. powder gelatine
3 tablespoons water
4 oz. sugar
good 8 oz. ripe strawberries
or well drained canned or frozen strawberries
2-4 tablespoons whipped cream
- Put the milk into saucepan, add the semolina, stir well all the time.
- Simmer gently for 3 minutes, continue to stir to prevent lumps forming.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the water,
- Add to hot semolina and stir well.
- Remove from heat, whisk in egg yolks and sugar, allow to cool.
- Rub strawberries through a sieve, stir into cool semolina mixture, then leave mixture until it begins to stiffen.
- Fold in cream and stiffly beaten egg whites, then put into glasses and top with the whole fruit.
TO SERVE: As cold as possible.