2 fresh pears
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons water
1/2 oz. sugar
2 oz. peeled prawns
1 green pepper
a few large unshelled prawns
- Peel, core and slice the pears, then simmer in the lemon juice, water and sugar for 3-4 mins, allow to cool.
- Arrange a semicircle of the pear slices on a large dish.
- Put a semicircle of the peeled prawns on the other side of the dish.
- Cut the aubergine into very thin slices then into matchstick shapes
put inside the ring of prawns
- Cut the pepper into long thin strips, removing the core and seeds, make half circle.
- Fill the centre with large prawns and garnish with parsley
TO SERVE: With French dressing.