For 4 people you need
2 lb. cooked potatoes
1 oz. butter
1 egg yolk
milk to mix
1/2 pint white sauce*
4-5 oz. grated cheese
8 oz. bacon, made into rolls
*To make a white sauce
Heat 1 oz. margarine or butter in saucepan,
stir in 1 oz. flour, cook for several minutes.
Remove from the heat and gradually stir in 1/2 pint milk.
Return to heat, bring to boil and cook until smooth and thickened. Season
- Sieve or mash potatoes and beat in butter, egg yolk and seasoning.
- Add sufficient milk to make a mixture of a creamy consistency.
- Line a pie dish or pie plate with2/3 rds of the creamed potatoes. Pipe a border with the remainder.
- Grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix together sauce, cheese and seasoning to taste.
- Pour into potato pie and keep warm.
- Grill bacon rolls and place on pie.