For 4 people you need
4 oz. margarine or butter
4 oz castor sugar
4 oz. self-raising flour
2-3 tablespoons golden syrup.
- ream together margarine or butter and sugar
ntil soft and light.
- Gradually beat in eggs, adding little sieved
flour if the mixture looks like curdling.
- Fold in remainder of flour; if eggs are small add 1 tablespoon water.
- Put golden syrup into bottom of the greased basin.
Cover with pudding mixture, allow enough
room for pudding to rise well.
- Cover with greased paper or foil.
- Steam over boiling water for 1 1/2 hours.