For 4 people you need
1/2 large OR 1 small melon
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
shake of sugar
12 thin slices cooked ham
- Remove the flesh from the melon and cut it into small dice.
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients – except the ham – add sugar and seasoning to taste.
- Form the ham into cornet shapes, securing these with cocktail sticks.
- Arrange on a flat dish and fill with the melon mixture.
- Garnish with parsley, and a centre piece of the large prawns.
TO SERVE: Ideal for a buffet meal
extra mayonnaise and a green salad could be served with this.
TO VARY: Use diced pineapple in place of melon. Use salami in place of ham.