For 4 people you need
2 oz. butter
1 medium can frankfurters
3 dessert apples
1 1/2 oz. butter
1/2 oz. butter
1/2 oz. flour
1/4 pint frankfurter liquid
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons concentrated tomato puree
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the cores and seeds.
- Fry in the hot butter for about 7 minutes, drain and keep hot.
- Chop peeled onion and well drained frankfurters (keep the liquid) mix with the chopped cored apples- do not remove the peel as this gives flavour and colour.
- Add extra butter to that remaining in the pan, fry onion mixture until tender. Season.
- Fill the peppers and keep hot.
- Meanwhile make sauce
Melt butter, then stir in flour and cook for several minutes
- Gradually add liquid from can of frankfurters, the water, tomato puree and bring to boil.
- Cook until thickened and season well.