For 4 people you need
1- 1 1/4 lb. rump steak
freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Pernod
1 lb. tomatoes
1 oz. butter
1/2 level teaspoon marjoram.
- Cut steak in 1/2 inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Place in the shallow dish
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper and Pernod.
- Cover and leave on one side for one hour.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Skin and chop the tomatoes.
- Fry onions in melted butter for 5 minutes until tender but not browned.
- Add tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the onions and tomatoes to the steak etc., with marjoram.
- Cover the casserole, and cook for the times given. This varies according to whether you like steak well, or less well cooked.
Oven temperature: moderate, 375°F. -Gas Mark 4-5
Oven position : just above centre