For 4 people you need
8 cutlets of lamb
1 oz. fat
8-12 oz. new carrots
pint stock or water
4 oz. shelled peas or 1 small packet frozen peas
- Prepare and trim the cutlets.
- Fry in fat until lightly browned.
- Drain and place the cutlets in a casserole.
- Slice leeks, dice turnip, and leave carrots whole unless very large,then cut in half.
- Add to the casserole with stock or water.
- Season and add the mint.
- Cover casserole and cook ingredients for about 1 1/2 hours.
- If fresh peas are used, cook them separately and stir into the casserole just before serving.
- If frozen peas are used, stir them into the casserole about 15 minutes before serving.
TO SERVE: With new potatoes.
Oven temperature: very moderate. 325-350°F-Gas Mark 3
Oven position: centre