For 4 people you need
3-4 fairly thick rashers bacon
2-3 large slices of white bread
1-2 oz. fat (optional)
4 frozen or fresh cod steaks
little Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons crushed potato crisps
- Remove the rinds from the rashers of bacon and fry these in the pan to extract the fat and to make them very crisp, chop very finely, preferably with scissors and reserve.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and dice the crumb neatly, fry in the fat
in the pan until golden. If necessary add the extra fat before cooking.
- Mix bacon and fried bread together.
- Put the steaks of cod into the margarined casserole (there is.no need to defrost frozen fish), season lightly and sprinkle with the sauce.
- Spoon the bacon and bread over the fish and top with the potato crisps.
- Cover the casserole, make sure the lid or foil does not crush the topping.
- Bake for 1 5 minutes in moderate oven.
- Remove the covering, add the halved seasoned tomatoes and cook for a
further 10 minutes
TO SERVE: Garnish with parsley.
Oven temperature: moderate to moderately hot-350-375°F. – Gas Mark 4-5
Oven position: above center