For 4-6 people you need
1/2-1 teaspoon very finely grated lemon rind
3 oz. castor sugar
1/4 oz. powder gelatine 1 dessertspoon
medium can pineapple
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 pint cream
1/4 pint cream (less if preferred)
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites put the yolks into a basin with the lemon rind and sugar.
- Beat until thick and creamy, this could be done over hot water if wished.
- Soften the powder gelatine in 1/4 pint syrup from can of pineapple, then dissolve over a very low heat, add to the egg mixture, together with the well drained, finely chopped pineapple and lemon juice. Leave some pineapple for decoration.
- Allow mixture to cool and stiffen slightly, then fold in lightly whipped cream and stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Put into prepared souffle dish and leave to set.
- Remove paper, decorate top with pieces of pineapple, whipped cream and leaves of angelica