For 4-6 people you need
7 1/2 oz. frozen short crust pastry
or pastry made with
5 oz. plain flour,
2 1/2 oz. butter or margarine,
egg yolk and water to bind
For the filling
2 oz. butter or margarine
2 oz. castor sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup,
2 oz. flour, preferably plain
4 oz. soft breadcrumbs
2 oz. chopped angelica
4 oz. chopped glace cherries
2 oz. chopped candied peel
- Roll the pastry thinly; fit in flan ring on the upturned baking tray.
- If making your own pastry, sieve the flour and salt, rub in the butter or margarine
add the egg yolk and water to bind then proceed as stage 1.
- Cream the butter or margarine, sugar and syrup.
- Gradually beat in the eggs then add the flour, breadcrumbs, angelica, glace cherries and candied peel.
- Spoon into the uncooked pastry.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes in a hot oven,
Lower the heat to moderate and continue cooking until the pastry and filling are firm.
Oven temperature: hot – 425-450°F.-Gas Mark 6-7;
then moderate -350-375°F. – Gas Mark 4-5
Oven position: centre